Friday 6 April 2012

Vancouver International Auto Show

Today, my wife and I took my son to the auto show.  He's crazy about cars and wants to be an auto mechanic.  This is the first time that we have all had the same day off to go to the Vancouver International Auto show.  We also wanted to check out a few compact cars as prospective second vehicles.  We will soon have three licensed drivers in our home and possibly need another vehicle.







The show was held at BC Place and I hadn't been in there since they put on the new roof...it looks great and I can't wait to go and see a Whitecaps game there!



There was the usual collection of fancy schmancy expensive models on display like this Lamborghini Aventado.
 

There were also a few concept cars in the show like this Cadillac Urban Luxury Hybrid below.


...and it wouldn't really be a car show without a few giveaways, swag, and sales gimmicks like this "Hank" the robot from FORD.  He reminded me of the evil robot that froze everything in the movie "Logan's Run".  I was a little creeped out and half expected him to start chasing people while cackling about preserving "plankton and fish and sea greens and protein from the sea"!

I spent quite a while trying out various compact cars for "fit" as I am a big guy.  Fit wasn't quite as important to the smaller members of my family.  The car which suited me the best was a KIA Rio although the Hyundai Accent wasn't half bad either.


It was a fun way to spend the day despite the crowds and the irony of taking public transit down to see the auto show was not lost on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment