Saturday 23 June 2012

Richmond Night Market

Last night my family and I headed to the Richmond Night Market. We actually have two of them in Richmond, one which is the biggest in North America.  It usually runs  all summer every second Friday evening from from 7pm to 12am  Although some of my family has been to one before, this was my first time.


It poured with rain but we didn't let it stop us.  If we let the weather interfere with our plans, we'd never get to see anything, especially this wet year!  There was a really good band playing Celtic music and I could have listened to them all night.


There was a huge selection of street food where you could buy anything from grilled octopus on a stick to gourmet doughnuts.  I stopped by a Bubble Tea booth to wave at a friend who was working there.


There were rows and rows of vendors selling cheap imported goods, most from China.  Most of them are happy to barter for the prices.  I decided to be a cliche and a purchased a new cover for my iPhone.  There was also art on exhibit and some things I just can't explain.


Hopefully, I plan to return later this summer when it is a little warmer and drier.  If you get a chance to visit the Vancouver area on a Friday, I highly recommend visiting one of our night markets.

No comments:

Post a Comment