Wednesday 19 October 2011

Cross Border Excursion

Despite living only 20 minutes drive from the border with the USA, I find that I haven't been going across for visits as much as I used to.  Sometimes the hassle of border waits just doesn't justify any savings I might make in filling my gas tank.  Today my wife and I had the day off so we decided to take a little trip to Point Roberts.  Point Roberts is an isolated peninsula belonging to the United States but it is surrounded by Canada.  After a short drive we arrived at the border.
Of course after we performed our obligatory filling of the gas tank, we bought some food for a picnic and headed off to Lighthouse Marine Park.
The weather was milder than usual so we had an enjoyable lunch with a seaside view.  After lunch, we took a little walk along the beach.  The scenery was beautiful, the ocean breeze was refreshing, and we were amazed at how peaceful the area was.  I couldn't ask for a more relaxing outing.
My wife and I still have a few days off together so we plan on taking advantage of it with at least one more local adventure before it's back to the daily grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment