Saturday 25 June 2011

Better Late than Never

At last it's strawberry season after a cold and wet spring delay.  I'd rather pick them in the wild but using a U-pick is still a favorite family activity for me.
 

Despite the late season, the berries are sweet and plentiful.






Since we are leaving on vacation in less than a week, we decided to only pick a couple pails full.  It was still six pounds worth!





The rewards were well worth the effort!  My wife's strawberry shortcake is one of my favorite deserts and I even made some freckled strawberry lemonade.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, Stephen, those look great! We've only had a couple handfuls from our plants as yet, and the local u-picks haven't opened yet (last weekend was told it may be early-July when they do!)

    Definitely jealous here. Enjoy those berries!

    ReplyDelete